How Can I Prevent Stormwater Intrusion Into My Franklin Home?
Our North Eugene and Northwest Lane County team has been responding to storm damage emergencies for Franklin residents and businesses for many years. Along with the rain comes the challenges presented by water intrusion. Here are some helpful tips from the Insurance Information Institute to keep your home protected from unwanted water:
Inspect and Repair Your Home’s Exterior
You can prevent water from entering your home by inspecting your home’s exterior for any place where water can enter the home and making repairs as needed.
- Caulk and seal windows
- Inspect the roof for missing and aging shingles
- Check your rain gutters and remove any debris that may be clogging them
- Check your downspouts and clear any clogs and make sure they are draining away from the house
- Gutter guards are a good way to prevent clogs and water intrusion into the house
- Check your sprinkler systems and make sure they are not spraying water into the house and that water is not pooling around the home’s foundation
- Make sure water drains away from the building.Water is invasive and will quickly find its way into a structure when water is allowed to pool around the foundation. After a storm, or when the ground is already saturated by rainwater, the water may enter the foundation wall through cracks.
Call Us Today!
When you have a storm damage emergency in your Franklin home or commercial business, our North Eugene and Northwest Lane County teams are Here to Help. ® Call us today at 541-799-0090.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.