Outdoor Electrical Fire in Lane County Home?
Lane County residents and businesses love to spend time outdoors and use lighting to improve the look and safety of their homes and workplaces. Our North Eugene and Northwest Lane County team offers these tips from the National Fire Protection Association for outdoor electrical safety as follows:
Outside Electrical Work
- Have a qualified electrician do all the electrical work
- To prevent an electrical shock, make sure all your outside electrical receptacles are ground-fault circuit interrupter (GFCI) protected
- Have a professional tree-cutting service trim any branches that might fall into the electric wiring
- Use lighting and power tools that a qualified test laboratory lists, and make sure they are made for outdoor use
- Store your electrical tools indoors
- Keep electric tools away from children
- Keep the area around your electric meter and other electrical equipment clean
- Check lighting and extension cords for damage before using. Replace any damaged cords right away
- Use extension cords listed by a qualified test laboratory and marked for outdoor use
- Extension cords are not meant for long-term use
Call Us Today!
When you have a fire damage emergency in your Lane County home or commercial business, our North Eugene and Northwest Lane County teams are Here to Help. ® Call us today at 541-799-0090.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.