Resident Struck By Lightning in Franklin?
Our North Eugene and Northwest Lane County teams respond to storm damage emergencies throughout the year in Franklin and offer these lightning safety tips from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration:
- Avoid isolated tall trees, hilltops, utility poles, cell phone towers, cranes, large equipment, ladders, scaffolding, or rooftops
- Avoid open areas, such as fields
- Never lie flat on the ground
- Retreat to dense areas of smaller trees that are surrounded by larger trees, or retreat to low-lying areas but watch for flooding
- Avoid water, and immediately get out of and away from bodies of water
- Avoid wiring, plumbing, and fencing. Stay away from all metal objects, equipment, and surfaces that can conduct electricity.
- Do not shelter in sheds, pavilions, tents, or covered porches as they do not provide adequate protection from lightning
- Seek fully enclosed, substantial buildings with wiring and plumbing. The interior wiring and plumbing in modern buildings will act as an earth ground.
- A building is a safe shelter as long as you are not in contact with anything that can conduct electricity (e.g., electrical equipment or cords, plumbing fixtures, corded phones). Do not lean against concrete walls or floors (which may have metal bars inside).
Call Us Today!
When you have a storm damage emergency in your Franklin home or commercial business, our North Eugene and Northwest Lane County teams are Here to Help. ® Call us today at 541-799-0090.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.