Smoke Alarm Safety Tips for Lane County Residents?
Smoke alarms are a critical part of a home fire escape plan and play an essential role in reducing fire deaths and injuries in the United States. Working fire alarms give early warnings so you can get outside quickly. Our North Eugene and Northwest Lane County teams respond to fire damage emergencies throughout the year in Lane County, and offer these smoke alarm safety tips from the National Fire Protection Association:
Smoke Alarm Safety
- A closed door may slow the spread of smoke, heat, and fire. Install smoke alarms in every sleeping room and outside each separate sleeping area. Install alarms on every level of the home.
- Smoke alarms should be interconnected. When one sounds, they all sound.
- Large homes may need extra smoke alarms
- Test your smoke alarms at least once a month. Press the test button to be sure the alarm is working.
- Today’s smoke alarms will be more technologically advanced to respond to a multitude of fire conditions yet mitigate false alarms
- When a smoke alarm sounds, get outside and stay outside
- Replace all smoke alarms in your home every ten years
Call Us Today!
When you have fire damage in your Lane County home or commercial business, our North Eugene and Northwest Lane County teams are Here to Help. ® Call us today at 541-799-0090.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.