If you have a fire or water emergency, please call us now at (541) 799-0090

To have the optimal experience while using this site, you will need to update your browser. You may want to try one of the following alternatives:

Fire & Water - Cleanup & Restoration

Pets Starting Fires in Eugene Homes?

5/9/2022 (Permalink)

A curious cat looks at a candle sitting on a windowsill. We respond to fire damage emergencies 24-hours a day in Lane County.

It’s true. Each year pets and wild animals start fires involving cooking equipment, fireplaces and chimneys, space heaters, lamps, bulbs, wiring, and candles! Our local team in North Eugene and Northwest Lane County wants all pets to be safe around fire, but since they can’t read, it’s up to us to keep our furry friends safe and fire-free. Here are some tips from the National Fire Protection Association:

  • Pets are curious. They may bump into, turn on, or knock over cooking equipment. Keep pets away from stoves and countertops
  • Keep pets away from candles, lamps, and space heaters
  • Always use a metal or heat-tempered glass screen on a fireplace and keep it in place
  • Keep pets away from a chimney’s outside vents. Have a “pet-free zone” of at least 3 feet (1 meter) away from the fireplace. Glass doors and screens can stay dangerously hot for several hours after the fire goes out.
  • Consider battery-operated, flameless candles. They can look and smell like real candles.
  • Some pets are chewers. Watch pets to make sure they don’t chew through electrical cords. Have any problems checked by a professional.

Call Us Today!

When your Eugene home or commercial business has fire damage, our North Eugene and Northwest Lane County team can help. Call us today at 541-799-0090.

Franchises are independently owned and operated.

Other News

View Recent Posts