Backyard Barbeque Causes Fire in Lane County Home?
Summer is in full swing, and many Lane County residents enjoy grilling food and eating outdoors. According to the National Fire Protection Association (NFPA), 10,600 fires are started each year by outdoor grills. Our North Eugene and Northwest Lane County teams want everyone to have a safe and fire-free summer. Here are some grilling safety tips from the National Fire Protection Association:
Propane and Charcoal Grills
- Propane and charcoal barbecue grills should only be used outdoors
- The grill should be placed well away from the home, deck railings, and out from under eaves and overhanging branches
- Keep children and pets at least three feet away from the grill area
- Keep your grill clean by removing grease or fat buildup from the grills and in trays below the grill
- Never leave your grill unattended
· Check the gas tank hose for leaks before using it for the first time each year
· Apply a light soap and water solution to the hose
· A propane leak will release bubbles
Call Us Today!
Fire damage can happen anytime and for many reasons in Lane County. When you have fire damage in your Lane County home or commercial business, our North Eugene and Northwest Lane County teams will restore the damage “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 541-799-0090.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.