How Long Does It Take for Water to Damage a Floor in Franklin?
Do you know that standing water only takes two days to seriously damage wood floors? Our North Eugene and Northwest Lane County teams respond to water damage emergencies throughout the year in Franklin. Here is a water damage timeline from our website that describes the damage water will cause over time:
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp
Hours 1 - 24
- Drywall begins to swell and break down
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish
- Furniture begins to swell and crack
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain
- A musty odor appears
48 Hours to 1 Week
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp
- Metal begins to rust and corrode
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold
- Paint begins to blister
- Wood flooring swells and warps
- Severe biohazard contamination is possible
Call Us Today!
When you have a water damage emergency, Franklin residents and businesses can rely on our North Eugene and Northwest Lane County teams to restore the damage “Like it never even happened.” Call us today at 541-799-0090.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.