How Can I Stay Safe During a Thunderstorm in Eugene?
Most thunderstorms move into Oregon from the Pacific Ocean. Severe thunderstorms can produce winds of fifty-eight miles per hour or more! These storms can produce hail, heavy rain, lightning, and tornadoes under the right conditions. Our North Eugene and Northwest Lane County team respond to storm damage emergencies every year in Eugene. Here are some thunderstorm safety tips from the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA):
Lightning: What You Need to Know
- No place outside is safe when thunderstorms are in the area!
- If you hear thunder, lightning is close enough to strike you
- When you hear thunder, immediately move to a safe shelter: a substantial building with electricity or plumbing or an enclosed, metal-topped vehicle with windows up
Indoor Lightning Safety
- Stay off of corded phones, computers, and other electrical equipment that put you in direct contact with electricity
- Avoid plumbing, including sinks, baths, and faucets
- Stay away from windows and doors and stay off porches
- Do not lie on concrete floors, and do not lean against concrete walls
Call Us Today!
When you have storm damage and need restoration services, Eugene residents and businesses can trust our local team in North Eugene and Northwest Lane County to restore the storm damage quickly and efficiently. Call us today at 541-799-0090.
Franchises are independently owned and operated.